Learn about robots, computers, cell phones, engineering and all kinds of interesting technology topics. As well as activities for children, there are ideas for parents and free teaching resources for anyone interested in technology and learning about science online.
Children Research Work (History & Science)
CLC believes that if we want to improve children’s thinking skills then they would be needed to get exposed to many objects, activities and events and they should be given a chance to share these experiences with each other. Most important is that they need to perform mental operations as they get exposed to the objects, materials, events and activities. Closed ended activities and open ended activities especially designed in the areas of sciences and mathematics serve the purpose. The major ideas that could lead towards improvement in the higher order thinking skills include the science processes like observing, measuring, controlling of variables if any, recording and recalling of observations using standard techniques, communicating information, classifying and ordering information, Inferring, hypothesizing, experimenting, generalizing , predicting etc.
Enlisted below are some prime funtions of research work:
- Observing help children to use all their senses , note similarities and differences in objects , functions and values and to be get aware of the changes
- In classifying and ordering, the children come to know-how to classify the objects, functions and values
- Controlling of variables teach them that while investigating something all the variables could not be justified at a time. They should be prioritized according to their importance in making a decision.
- Communication techniques teach children to put observed information into some clear form that another person could understand.
- In inferring children interpret and draw a conclusion from what they observe. When the children infer from data that something will happen and has happened usually the term prediction is used.
- When the children state an inference they want to test, usually the term hypothesizing is used. So predicting and hypothesizing are the two special types of inferring.
- In experimenting , they design activities/ experiments to test the hypothesis